Leslie is an NCBTMB provider. This course offers NCBTMB approved CE’s.
This fun and inspiring class is rich with hands-on practical techniques that you can immediately apply to your birth practice. The class is generally modified to suit the specific needs of the attending health professionals, massage therapists, doulas. Feel free to bring a pregnant client along to practice with at no charge. Upon request, MEAC credits may be available.
Curriculum Outline based on student knowledge and needs, but may include the following:
- Birth physiology and psycho-emotional realities
- Techniques for relaxation, pain reduction, and labor progress
- Releasing the pelvic floor
- Techniques for speeding labor and moving baby
- Care, psyche, and body mechanics for the Touch Companion
- Practical realities of offering touch during birth
- Acupressure and massage in a variety of positions through all stages of labor
- Cultivating healing birth environments
- Techniques for back pain, posterior baby, slow labor, contraction pain, anxiety, relieving leg cramps, cervical dilation
- Use of the rebozo, chairs, ball, and positions in hands and knees, standing, semi-reclining, sidelying, and others
Combine with the other courses: Pregnancy Massage Essentials, Advanced Pregnancy Massage Techniques, and Massage for the New Mother, to receive 60 hour MotherTouch Maternity Massage Certification.