Examine the massive physical and psycho-emotional changes occurring through each trimester during the 9 months of pregnancy and onward into motherhood. Watch video and read about the impacts of pregnancy hormones, musculo-skeletal changes and discomforts, and how these changes affect your options and approach to bodywork.
- Physical changes through the trimesters
- Hormonal affects and impacts to your bodywork
- Postural Support technique
- Uterine ligaments-- pain referral patterns and preventing strain
- Discussion of muscular adaptations of the psoas and quadratus lumborum