REGISTER AT OREGON SCHOOL OF MASSAGE!!! 503 244 3420
Your new client is pregnant......
- What if she can’t lay comfortably on her side, nor safely on her back?
- Is your bodywork modality contraindicated during pregnancy?
- What if she has contractions during a session?
Alleviate uncertainties! Gain confidence to practice safely and effectively with your pregnant clients!! Pregnancy Massage Fundamentals will give you the essential pregnancy massage guidelines to supplement your bodywork practice.
NOTE: This class includes hands-on bodywork and when possible, observation of positioning and belly rub with a pregnant volunteer. It primarily covers fundamental guidelines to enable you to adapt and practice your own bodywork safely with pregnant clients. This is the first day of the MotherTouch Prenatal Bodywork Training/Certification. The next 3 days of that training are primarily hands-on bodywork.
- Pregnancy Physiology that affects your practice
- Prenatal Touch Precautions & Contraindications that every bodyworker should know
- Signs & Symptoms of pregnancy-related pathologies
- Position & Draping options that improve your body mechanics, enhance her comfort, reduce uterine ligament strain
- Clarifications on myths & realities about pregnancy massage.
- Your Impact on the pregnant woman and child in-utero.
- Bodywork Adaptations through the trimesters
- Energy flow with stretches and acupressure
- Postural adjustment
- Diastasis Recti awareness
PLEASE READ CHAPTERS 1-4 IN MY BOOK: Nurturing Massage for Pregnancy.
I can send you a discount coupon to purchase the book through the publisher, or buy it at the school.
For programs NOT at Oregon School of Massage please EMAIL me (Leslie@TouchForBirth.com) if you would like to buy just those chapters as a pdf, for $20.00.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 1 breast drape
- 1 set Twin or Full flat sheet & fitted sheet (Not standard-sized massage sheets)
- Hair clip or clothes pin
- 1-step plastic step stool (NOT a folding step stool). (Not necessary at Oregon School of Massage)
- unscented oil/lotion
- Apron to protect your clothes. This work often involves close contact.
- Pen/pencil for notes.
- Good intentions & open mind. Reverence for Perinatal women!
- Body Support Systems Body Cushion system--Ask about the MotherTouch discount or School discount for the body Cushion.
- OR Bring the following if you don't have Body Cushion
- 3 queen or king size flat pillows, (not poofy), and Small wedge like pillow or dish towel for under belly
- 2 standard size pillows
- BRING Something that represents pregnancy, mothering, childbirth that you could put on an informal Pregnancy Altar in class.