(See list of upcoming classes at the bottom of the page)
ENTERING THE TEMPLE: BODYWORK FOR THE FEMALE PELVIC FLOOR–WINTER 2022
February 4, 2022 - February 8, 2022
ONLINE Class: TBD IN PERSON: WINTER 2022
Women are searching for skilled bodywork & compassionate presence to help them address their unique concerns
This advanced professional therapeutic bodywork training infuses practical bodywork skills with reverence, honor, and recognition of the layers of tension, fear, pain, and trauma that women often hold in this area of the body. We tend to this portal of the potent ‘yoni-verse’ with great care.
Here is a rare opportunity to join a circle of female licensed massage therapists, midwives, or others licensed to offer internal bodywork, in a safe, respectful, nurturing environment. LMTs with this advanced training may practice internal bodywork in Oregon (OBMT Massage Board Rule (334-010-0029 Internal Cavity). We uphold respectful boundaries, appropriate draping, and a strong practice of confidentiality throughout. We will work in diads and triads with focus on musculo-skeletal concerns and psycho-emotional issues that often compound the physical.
- * Benefits of pelvic bodywork
- * Prevalence & Causes of Pelvic Dysfunction
- * Pelvic Anatomy and Physiology
- * Palpate the internal and external pelvic floor muscles, cervix, uterus
- * Learn to assess and treat pelvic muscle tension, prolapse, rectocele, cystocele, incontinence
- * Internal treatments for Pregnancy
- * Postnatal concerns
- * Psycho-emotional-social-spiritual impacts of pelvic issues
- * Trauma Tools
- * 6 hours of Ethics & Boundaries
- * Marketing Considerations
NOTE: This course does NOT include sexual touch, tantric practices, or sexologically related approaches
WHY: Just like any muscle, pelvic floor muscles develop scar tissue, tension, spasms, imbalance. Many women (and men) suffer from hip, back, or pelvic pain, sciatica, or incontinence that stem from tension in obturator internus, piriformis, and levator ani muscles. This course will help you learn to offer internal bodywork with sensitivity, compassion, and skill.
WHO: Designed for dedicated professional women interested in women’s health bodywork, who have fulfilled the prerequisite requirements, and are willing to practice and receive internal pelvic floor bodywork with each other in a safe, private, and respectful environment.
WHEN: ONLINE PORTION: TBD; IN PERSON: TBD Winter 2022
TUITION: @$1495 registration. (price may change once official dates and venue selected)
Payment plans may be available.
Before paying, you must send in written application to get instructor approval.
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS!
1. Professional License in good standing.
2. FIRST fill out Application and get Instructor Approval. Contact MotherTouchClasses@gmail.com to get application or Download here.
3. Before class: Experience at least one pelvic floor session from a licensed provider. Submit to Leslie a written Review after you have registered for class (ask her for guidelines for write up).
4. Pre or Post Requisite Courses (or instructor approval of your background/experience) necessary for 65-hr Advanced Pelvic Floor Bodywork Certificate: The Female Pelvis & The Belly
Think you’re qualified for class but don’t meet the prerequisites? Contact Leslie to ask for a waiver.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: Three Options
38-Hour Certificate of Attendance: After satisfactory completion of all hours for this course you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Advanced Certificate with Mentoring: After 5 case studies review and mentoring with Leslie Stager you can receive a 48-Hour Certificate of Attendance. ($175 for review and certification)
65-Hour Integrative Pelvic Bodywork Certificate: Complete the 48 hour certification and take additional training courses to receive the Integrative Pelvic Bodywork Certificate, indicating advanced training in pelvic manual therapy.
NOTE : NCBTMB CE’s are NOT currently permitted for Entering The Temple, but you will receive a CE certificate as proof of your hours, which is accepted by OBMT.
REGISTRATION: Admission is by Application only. Contact MotherTouchClasses@Gmail.com to get Application or Download HERE.
INSTRUCTOR: Leslie Stager RN, LMT.
I’ve focused on women’s health since the 1980’s, exploring, practicing, and teaching about the rhythms, rites, and mysteries of women’s bodies. As a labor & delivery nurse I grew aware of the pelvic traumas that many women endure and live with after birth, with few avenues for help. In 2009 I successfully helped a client relieve 80% of her postnatal pelvic pain with one internal pelvic floor bodywork session. Inspired, I pursued further studies, including training with Tami Kent PT, Bryan Baisinger DC, John Barnes LMT, Herman & Wallace, and private studies with PT’s, DC’s, and an Osteopath, Lee Morgan. Currently I have a private practice in Nevada City, CA. Read more about Leslie.
Below is a list of classes which are open for registering at this time.
You can view more information about an class by clicking on its title.
- July 18 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm PDT
- July 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
- February 4, 2022 - February 8, 2022